Health & Safety
HEALTH AND SAFETY NOTICES
- Full responsibility regarding health and medical fitness is at your own risk. Please refer to the terms and conditions of entry on the entry form or the registration page.
- If you think you need medical attention during the run, inform the nearest Route Marshal who will contact the ambulance crew.
- Route Marshals will be wearing Hi-visibility vests and will be positioned at regular distances and at road junctions along the course.
- Sensible footwear must be worn, e.g. trainers, not sandals.
- Headphones or in-ear audio devices are not allowed.
- All children under 11 years must be accompanied by an adult.
- Remember this is a Fun Run, not a race. Please start from the correct corral:
- Runners/joggers will be released first.
- Walkers and accompanied children will be released last.
- Take care if there are wet or icy conditions underfoot, especially on wet leaves on pavements.
- Runners must remain on the pavements, the exception being at road closures and road crossings.
- If you see a Route Marshal, this is the side of the road you MUST be on.
- Respect other pedestrians on the pavements.
- At crossing points not controlled by lights, Route Marshals are not allowed to control traffic. Route Marshall instructions must be obeyed and it is your responsibility to cross these roads safely.
- At crossing points which are controlled by traffic lights, traffic signals must be obeyed in keeping with the Highway Code. It is your responsibility to cross these roads safely.
- Take care at all times during the Fun Run . Have a great day!!